Sunday 10 March 2013

review - Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead


Title: Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)

Author: Richelle Mead

Published: November 13th 2008 by Razorbill

My rating: Image

My summary:

Ever since Rose Hathaway (to- be graduate of St Vladimir's) got her first two Strigoi kills, she hasn't been well. She's behaving erratically, having dark thoughts, and worst of all: she's seeing the ghost of Mason, her good friend who called killed only a month or so before.
While Rose questions her stability, Lissa starts to experiment with Spirit, the power that took her to the point of attempted suicide when she used it a few months ago, and the man who tortured her to her to use on him, Victor Dashkov, may be set free. And, to make things even worse, Rose is stuck guarding Christian Ozera for six weeks for a training exercise set my the Academy.
Much to Rose's delight, her and Dimitri's relationship starts to heat up again, but just as it does, an unexpected threat puts the whole Moroi and Dhampir world in a spin, and Rose and Dimitri must put their lives on the line - and Rose must chose between the two people who mean the world to her.

My thoughts: 

For those who've never read the book there are spoilers ahead!

When I first read Shadow Kiss, it made the series for me. This was the definitely the best of Vampire Academy I'd read so far and it was when my obsession of the books officially began.

I know I've said that books I've read have made me very emotional, and that's true, but never as this book did. I swear (and this is very embarrassing tot say, mind you), when I was reading the last few chapters tears welled in my eyes. I was listening to sad music at the time, that mustn't of helped, but still. The end of this book is very upsetting, yet so amazing.

The book starts with Rose finding out that Victor was going on trial, and wasn't just being locked up straight away, which she's very angry about. Adrian gets Lissa and Rose to the trial, and when they're at the court, Rose starts to see ghosts.
Adrian's character is developed more in this book, making me like him more and more. Dimitri actually not so much. He acts like a total dick for the first part of the book, which really upset because I'd liked him a lot in the first two books, but I think it was done of purpose.
That clears up though and you like him again, so you can imagine how absolutely shocked I was when he turned into a Strigoi at the end. I couldn't believe Richelle Mead did that to him!
But as sad as it was, it really made the series suddenly a lot more interesting.
In the first book Dimitri told Rose if he ever turned Strigoi he'd want someone to kill him, so in the end Rose chooses to leave St Vladimir's (and Lissa) to hunt down Dimitri and kill him.

Richelle Mead has really done this story justice with this book. The battle scenes in the end of the book are so suspenseful. The plot thickens and the character develop more.
This definitely was my favourite of the first three books in the series.

Buy the book:

From:
Booktopia
Dymocks
Abbey's
Barnes & Noble
Fishpond
Amazon
Powell's Books
Books-A-Million
The Book Depository

Richelle Mead:

On Goodreads
On Facebook
On Twitter
Her blog
Her official website
Vampire Academy official website
Bloodlines official website

Also by Richelle Mead:



No comments:

Post a Comment