Tuesday 5 March 2013

review - The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead

Title: The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines #3)

Author: Richelle Mead

Published: February 12th 2013 by Razorbill

My rating: Image

Summary: 

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

-- Goodreads description


My thoughts:

Waiting a year for this book was pure torture. I was starved from lack of Sydney/Adrian moments by the time I actually got the book (there were a few delays - my supplier was out of stock) I devoured it in almost one go.

The Indigo Spell is probably my favourite in the Bloodlines series so far. The mystery was so enrapturing and I think I fell in love with Adrian even more than before (if that's even possible...) His wit never failed to make me giggle, sometimes even outright laugh, and I loved Sydney's stubbornness and sassiness which she reserves only for Adrian (although she does a little changing herself which is good - but I'm not saying any more about that).

Oh, and did I mention how amazing the Sydney/Adrian moments are? They're incredibly - they had me out of my chair squealing and jumping around like a fangirl aged thirteen.

I loved the whole deal with the Alchemists and their betrayals and such, and I loved meeting Marcus - he's terrific. 

I hope Eddie gets the happy ending he deserves, as with Jill... (and of course we can't forget Adrian and Sydney now can we??) 

There was a massive cliffhanger at the end and I can not wait for the next book coming out in November. It seems so far away... oh well at least it isn't next year!! Can't wait to read Adrian's POV, it's going to be INCREDIBLE!!!

Buy the book:

From:
Booktopia
Dymocks
Abbey's
Barnes & Noble
Fishpond
Amazon
Powell's Books
Books-A-Million
The Book Depository

Richelle Mead:

On Goodreads
On Twitter
On Facebook
Her blog
Her official website
Bloodlines official website
Vampire Academy official website

Other books in Bloodlines series:


No comments:

Post a Comment